Wednesday 24 August 2016

Now She Understands



It has been an ongoing dispute for most of our marriage. I preferred my hair short while Kate didn't. I preferred her hair short but she didn't. We made several arrangements and deals so each of us would get something when so my hair would be short at least. The latest round is that she will buzz my hair short for the summer, usually from May until late September. Usually she buzzes down my winter harvest to 1/2" the first time, a 3/8" in mid-June, a quarter inch in mid-August and finally either an eighth inch or unguarded clipper shave at the end of September. Over the course of the remaining fall and into the winter my hair grows until spring. During all this Kate had her brown hair shoulder length.
This spring was shaping up to be no different with the usual warming temperatures and me itching to get the hair cropped off. There was one thing different though. Kate had been asking questions she'd never asked before. "What's it feel like when I buzz your head?" "Why so short?" "Do you really think women look great with short hair?" "How short?" I told her I loved it short because it just felt so clean and sexy with conventions stripped away and one's confidence based on you and what your accomplishment rather than on how you looked to others. She'd listen punctuating our conversation with "Interesting" or "I never thought of it that way."
Finally, May came and at our appointed time I broke out the Wahl with its multi-colored attachments. Setting up the chair in the kitchen I waited for Kate to finish drying herself off after a shower. Finally, Kate came in but my back was to her so I failed to notice she'd brought some additional items with her.
As usual she plugged in the clippers, brushed my hair and.wait.looking up as she plunged the clippers into my hairline at my forehead she hadn't put an attachment on. Sure enough she ploughed the clippers right down the middle with no attachment. Oh well, I thought, so its 3 or 4 months early. No big deal.
Then came the surprise as I was about to get up she told me to stay sat. "You like your hair short so I thought I'd really do it up right this time." As she wetted a wash clothe with hot water and placed it on my head several time.
At first speechless I finally asked "What are you up to."
"To fulfill what you really want. We'll see how confident you are when I am done."
With that she covered my head with shaving cream, put a new blade in the Mack 3 and began scraping away starting at the right temple and meticulously working her way to the left side of the head. As she went she checked her progress and if there was a rough spot she dab a bit more cream on and shave it again until she had it smooth.
I was going nuts inside. Trembling, excited, thrilled and scared all at once. I don't know about confidence but this was one of my fantasies and it seemed she finally understood that.
After she had shaved everything smooth to her satisfaction she topped my head again with a cream but this smelled odd. "While it works let's talk" she said bluntly. "I'm doing something I think you've wanted a long time. You'll be bald now pretty much for the whole summer."
"How did you know `bald'?" I asked.
"I was on your computer and I checked the history." She stated making my blood run cold until she continued. "I saw the women hair cutting sites too. When I am done with you we'll start with me."
"What do you mean start with you?..." I asked but she interrupted before I could say more.
"I want to try this out. I want to understand the appeal and the pleasure you have with little or no hair."
Hardly believing my ears I waited till she announced "We have to wash the Nair off your head because the ten minutes are up."
"Nair? Why?" I asked.
"So it lasts longer and it makes up for anything I missed with the razor."
With that she got my head up to the kitchen sink spaying my head with warm water until all was left was skin, shiny, totally denuded of any hair.
"Now my turn." She said as she sat in the chair. "I washed my hair to get any mousse or other stuff out of it. Now it is yours except.well, not too short for this first time please."

"Now it's my turn." She said as she sat in the chair. "I washed my hair to get any mousse or other stuff out of it. Now it is yours except.well, not too short for this first time please."
I was admiring the work she had done, my shiny head, not a hair on it when I was taken out of my trance by Kate's repeated "Now it's my turn."
Without another word I cleaned and oiled the Wahl then asked "Do you prefer pink, lavender, yellow or light blue?"
"What do you mean?" She asked.
"Those are the colors. I'm not telling you the length. You've used these clippers on me for years you certainly should know what they are." I knew I had her. Her pride didn't let her admit she hadn't paid attention and at the same time she was suspicious enough to question my suggestions. "Well?!" I prodded.
Biting her lower lip she said "Pink"
Without waiting for her to have second thoughts I placed the �" attachment on the clippers, parted her hair enough in back so I could work the clippers into the hairline starting at the base of her neck. Turning the clippers on I decided to savor the moment slowly moving them up the back until they reached the crown. Not much progress was apparent at first so I did it again and again until all the hair behind her ears and up to the crown was half and inch long.
I could see Kate as she breathed harder and heavier as she sheepishly said, "You're right about the arousal part. I feel like I could burst and I can see you are too.Can we go shorter?" She pleaded.
"Perhaps you should see the results of this one first." I suggested.
"Okay, that probably is best." She said thoughtfully.
"Do you want to feel what I've done so far?" I asked.
Biting her lower lip and tightly closing her eyes she raised her right hand to the back of her head. "Oh my god, it's so soft. I'm still thinking about shorter."
"You're right about the feel but you need to see the look first before we go shorter." I urged but only half-heartedly. I knew she would want to resist my suggestion of going shorter.
Turning the clippers back on, I moved the clippers down the middle from her forehead to the crown. I repeated this motion again and again on the top of her head and then moved to the right side of her head then moved to the left. In a few minutes her shoulder length hair was reduced to a half inch buzz.
Looking at herself in the mirror for the first time her jaw dropped then composed herself enough to say "It's beautiful. I can't believe it. I am beginning to see what you mean."
Then turning and looking at me out of the corner of her eye she said. "How is it being bald?"
"Love it." I answered.
"Great, I think we'll see how the summer goes. Maybe I'll go short again later. How about you? You want to stay a baldy all summer?" she asked.
"I could see doing that. When do you want to consider another hair cut?" I asked.
"How about a month from now?" she suggested.
"A month it is then. Let's sweep up the hair, put things away and then." I trailed off as it was clear she wanted to speak.
"Let's go to bed. I'm interested in what it's like to make love with a baldy." She said.
"When you're right, you're right."
 


The summer continued as expected, getting hotter and more humid as it wore on. By July 1st it had been nearly two months since Kate and I had our haircuts. Here half inch buzz had grown an inch while mine after its Nair treatment had grown barely an eighth inch.
I took my hair, or the lack of it, in stride, accepting the compliments of many, the stares of others believing I was projecting an attitude second to none.
Kate on the other hand was hard to read. She said little but I noticed every time she walked by a mirror or a window she have to look and run her hand through the buzzcut. I wasn't sure if she was admiring her cut or was regretting her decision to let me buzz it down.
As the 4th of July drew closer and the heat and humidity persisted she talked about how uncomfortable the sweat felt matting her hair as it did. Then on the 3rd I came home from work at noon in order to get ready to go to the fireworks that evening and start the 4th of July vacation early. When I walked in the door Kate was already home with the clippers on the kitchen counter and a chair in the middle of the room.
"I thought I'd go short again." She said in a nonchalant manner. After a pause she asked "How about you? How do you like your skin?"
"I like it fine. How about you? Do you like it or would you prefer I let it grow out some." I didn't care what the answer would be as I was just trying to distract myself from wondering what she was going to want done to her hair and I didn't want her to know how much I was looking forward to buzzing it down again.
"Keep it off. I'll go get the Nair." She said as she turned and headed for the bathroom.
"You can go first?" she said. I immediately sat down. As she smeared another Nair treatment on my head Kate began to talk about how surprised she was about how her hair felt when she touched it and how she felt about having her buzzcut. "I just can't get over the feel. Well, it's a bit gone now with the hair longer but you'll fix that today. And you know, before the cut I think I relied on things like my hair, my appearance to get me over the rough spots at work but now I turn more to my abilities, what I know and I find that I learn more so I know what I need to know. I'm more of a confident professional."
The kitchen timer went off and off came the Nair with the same result. Smooth, shiny and "awesome" as Kate put is as she patted my head dry and rubbed my head with her hands.
"Your turn?" I asked.
"Okay," she said sitting down, "but something different this time."
"Different? How?" I asked.
"Last time you buzzed it to half and inch, let's go a quarter inch this time." She stated with both the confidence and resolve she has projected of late.
"Quarter inch it is." I said trying to control the excitement in my voice.
Oiling up the Wahl, snapping the attachment in place without any fanfare I turned the clippers on and starting at her forehead I sent them right down the middle to her crown.
"Too late to change your mind." I said slyly.
"I had no intention to." She replied as she smiled, enjoying the cut with her eyes closed.
I finished the top after about a half dozen swipes then beginning at the right temple I worked my way around to the back and finally to the left temple. I then checked to see if I have missed any stray hairs finishing it off by neatening up around the ears and at her nape.
Placing her hand on her head she savored her new cut. "You know, I think I am beginning to know why you have loved the short hair all the time. This is great. I think I'll go shorter."
"Seriously?" I asked startled.
"No, not this time. Let's see how I feel in September." She replied.
"Yeah, but the summer heat is winding down then and." I replied.
"Who's saying anything about the summer heat and humidity? I am talking about a fashion statement but more importantly as statement about me."
I'm not going to argue with that, I thought, and decided to let it go until September.
 
The summer went quickly and we were now into fall. Kate had said nothing about her hair and seems to barely take notice of mine. We were getting into October, three months since our last haircuts. Hers had grown to slightly longer 2 inches in length while mine was while mine may have been 3/4 on an inch.
In mid-October I could tell she was seriously thinking about hair again, both hers and mine. She would put hand on my head as she walked by in the house messing it us as went. She would not just look but examine intently at herself in the mirror, touching, combing, brushing and lifting her hair as she did. I knew it was just a matter of time now.
Finally, it was the end of October, a Friday night and while I was relaxing in front of the TV Kate came in and announced, "Time for haircuts."
She sounded to certain and insistent I just turned the TV off and followed her into the kitchen. There were the usual instruments of what was becoming our private fetish. Some might be into whips and dog collars. We are into hair clippers and ever shorter attachments.
"Who's first?" I asked.
"Age before beauty." She quipped, pointing to the chair in the center of the room.
Sitting down I asked "How are we doing it this time?"
"How would you like it." She asked in a way that made me think she really didn't care what my answer would be as she already had made up her mind.
"How about a quarter inch this time?" I queried.
With that she announced "One quarter inch buzz coming up."
I heard behind me as she oiled the clippers, placed the attachment in place and flipped the switch. With the clipper's familiar hum and Kate's starting at my forehead patient buzzing my head I found myself with some confusing feelings. I liked my bald look but it had been a while since I had it. I didn't want it if it wasn't what Kate wanted. I was letting these and other related thought spin through my head as Kate was just finished my buzz at left temple.
I remained seated as she removed the attachment and began to neaten up the nape and around the ears. She appeared to be finishing up around the right ear when she said. "You've had your quarter inch buzz now its bald for you," as she simultaneously ran the bare clippers up the right side of my head, over the top and down the left.
I was both started and excited by this action. "Why bald again?" I asked trying to suppress my surprise and excitement.
"I know you. I have seen how you love it as you pat your shin on your head. I mean here you are a man with a full head of hair and you have chosen to go bald. Besides, you look great and I love it too." She replied.
Reassured I happily submitted to the completion of the clipper shave followed by another Nair treatment.
"I wonder if over time this stuff will make me permanently bald." I asked.
"We may never find out if we just keep you this way." She replied as the ten minutes were up and she rinsed my head revealing once again a completely smooth, shiny head.
"Your turn." I announced. Mimicking her in tone and attitude from earlier in the evening I asked "How would you like it?"
  
Kate quickly sat down biting her lower lip as she did. I asked "What do you want done?"
She looked deeply into my eyes and while rubbing my bald head said with a sly smile "A quarter inch."
Reflecting her sly smile, anticipating what's coming up and with a little wink, "A quarter inch it is." I replied emphasizing the words, quarter inch.
I cleaned and oiled up the Wahl, put the quarter inch attachment in place and turned it on. Starting at the forehead I took the first swipe right down the middle. I thought she'd probably clarify or chicken out by telling me she really did want just a quarter inch buzz. I continued to think this as I finished the top. Instead she began to discuss what she had been thinking about the past several months and the previous hair cuts.
Finally she opined, "I have loved the buzz cuts and now it's time to finish the fantasy."
"Fantasy?" I asked.
"Yes, I always wondered about your preference for super short hair. I thought it was silly. I could tell you loved it and that is was a turn on for you. As time went on as I continued to cut your hair I began to feel a bit turned on myself. When I first shaved your head I was thinking I was really going to show you where you were leading. But now..." She explained.
"And now?" I asked.
"I am getting the same turn on." Looked up at her forehead she insisted "Now finish it."
"Finish it?" I asked already sensing where the discussion was leading. "Nair?" I asked.
"Nair." She confirmed.
"Okay, here goes." I said half excited and half scared. Half done with quarter inch buzz cut I removed the attachment and took her entire head down to stubble.
After following the directions meticulously, then applying the Nair, rinsing her head thoroughly, pat drying it her hair was gone.
She raised her hand to her head caressing it looking at herself in the mirror as she did and said, "Now I understand. This is fantastic. So smooth. So shiny. So clean. It's perfect!"
"How long do we keep our hair this way?" I asked.
"I may not do the bald look forever but I'll keep it short as long as you keep yours an eighth an inch or shorter. Since my hair's been buzzed and now bald I understand why you've loved it this way. I now love it too. I now understand." She replied.
We smiled, hugged and kissed each other while caressing each others shiny domes was like sealing our agreement to keep our hair short and bald for as long as we are together and beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment