Wednesday 24 August 2016

Taking the Boys to the Barbers - My Own Surprise



It was the early fifties and the beginning of summer in the midwest military city where I lived with my husband John and two growing boys of four and six and the temperatures were already in the low eighties. My husband, a pilot in Military Airlift Command, had just left for a six month tour of duty in Europe on what was commonly known as trash hauling operations leaving me and the boys to look after ourselves.
Before he left he suggested that I take the boys to town for their summer haircuts while he was away, a duty which he normally did himself. He said take them to Brenda's, it's in the middle of Mainstreet. Anyway John had been gone for about a month and the daily temperatures were getting higher so I decided to take the boys in for their haircuts.
We all hopped in the car and I drove the three miles or so into the city and parked in one of the carparks. We all hopped out and headed for Mainstreet. It did not take long before I found a large sign on the sidewalk which read "Brenda Baily and Daughters Barber Saloon, Miliatary Buzz Haircuts a Specialty". I had never been in a mens barber shop before and did not know what to expect. I moved into the shop pushing the boys ahead of me and pushed open the swing doors to the barber saloon. What a surprise.
To my left was a row of four large obviously barber chairs each of which was facing a large mirror in front of which was an array of tools, scissors razors combs etc all neatly laid out. To my right was a foam cushion bench which was obviously for customers waiting for their haircuts. There were nameplates attached in the top left corner of the mirrors which indicated the barbers names. "Brenda", the older lady, was obviously the mother and was operating the first chair on the left. The second had no name while the third and fouth had the names "Barbera" and "Belinda", who looked a lot younger and were obviously Brenda's daughters, respectively. As I walked in the door Brenda looked at me and said "Good morning Ma'am, haircuts for the boys is it. Please take a seat and we will be with you shortly". Brenda and her two daughters all had long hair which was piled on top of their heads in a beehive type style. This seemed to be the norm for most women in those days. 
I replied "Yes summer buzzcuts for the boys thank you" and we all sat down on the form. All three barbers or are lady barbers called barberettes had someone in their chairs and hair from all three was falling freely to the floor as they worked away. It was now I had a bit more time to look at the surroundings. A chrome rod ran horizontally across the room behind the barber chairs and was attached to the wall at each end. It also had a support rod attached to the centre and attached at the other end to the ceiling for support and effectively forming two halves to the horizontal rod. There were two machines suspended from the horizontal rod, one each side of the centre support. Each could slide along the rod from the sidewall to the centre support rod and had an electrical cable from the top plugged into a socket on the sidewall. Both had what appeared to be two cables extending from the bottom. One obviously electrical which had a push button on/off switch on the end and the other which looked like a flexible drive cable of some sort on to which something could be attached.
The machine on the left was being used by Brenda and had a clipper attachment on the end of the flexible cable which she was using to clip up the side of the head of the man in her chair. The motor was making a low phuurrring sound as it creamed the back and sides of the mans head. The machine behind the younger girls was not being used and the flexi drive cable was hanging from a hook on the machine. It was then that I noticed a shelf on each wall below the power socket on which was sitting several what looked like attachments similar to what Brenda was holding in her hand to clip off the mans hair.
Barbera looked like she was almost finished with the client in her chair and was doing a final tidy up using her scissors and snipping them over her comb while Belinda was using what was obviously an electrically driven silver hair clipper cutting real close on her clients neck. I was mesmerised watching Brenda using the cable driven machine. She soon turned it off and changed the handpiece before comencing to clip the sides of the mans head once more.
It was about then I heard someone call "Next". It was Barbera. I had been so enthralled watching Brenda that I had not even seen Barbera's client leave the room. As there was no one else waiting I quickly got my four year old Eric up onto the booster seat in the chair and Barbera soon had  a neck strip on him and caped up ready to go. I told Barbera and Belinda that their Dad had given me orders that it was time for their summer "Buzz" cuts. There was no questions so it was obvious both barberettes knew what sort of haircuts to give the boys. Barbera grabbed the flexicable from the machine behind her and attached one of the handpieces from the shelf and the switched it on using the push button. She wasted no time starting to cream off Eric's hair straight over the top from in front of his forehead. After about ten or so passes she turned the machine off and changed the handpiece before doing it all over again. Once she had finished she turned the machine off and returned the hand piece to the shelf and hung the cable on the hook.
"Next" called out Belinda. Man things happen fast in a barbers shop I thought to myself. I got Peter up into Belinda's chair and she was soon into her work starting like Barbera with the cable clipper. By now I was totally intrigued by the work these ladies were doing and while I generally keep my hair relatively short at shoulder length I was beginning to wonder what it would be like to have the clippers running up my neck. Well the urge finally got to me. 
I knew John would not be home for another five months and the weather was so hot and I could see Brenda was now sitting in her chair waiting for her next customer. I couldn't resist any more and walked up to her. "Do you do ladies haircuts" I asked. "Sure do sweetie" replied Brenda "if it's a buzz you want you're in the right place, here hop up in the chair". I climbed up in the chair. I felt like I was in heaven, it was so comfortable. Nothing like the hard chairs I've been used to in the ladies salon.
"What sort of haircut do you want" asked Brenda as she placed the paper strip around my neck followed by the cape. 
"I'll leave it up to you but I want it short for summer. I also want to feel those clippers as I've never had them used on me before and I don't want to have to get another haircut before my husband returns from overseas in five months time".
"Right you're in the right place if you want to feel the buzz of clippers, short it will be and maybe flat on top" said Brenda as she took the cable off the hook of the machine behind the chair, attached a handpiece from the shelf and turned the machine on using the push button. She then took a comb from the front shelf before quickly combing my hair straight down all round. Using the comb she then started at the nape of my neck and lifted a quantity of hair into the comb before running the phuurrring machine over it. The teeth of the machine effortlessly chewed through the lifted hair dropping it unceremoniously to the floor. Pass after pass Brenda made up the back of my head getting higher and higher each time untill well above the bone at the back of my head. I could tell she was a real pro at using the clippers and had obviously been doing it for some time. Once satisfied she had creamed enough from the back she then followed the same proceedure on first my left side including in front of my ear and then the same on my right side. Finally she lifted the longer hair from the top of my head and buzzed it off over the comb. It was probably over six inches long.
It was about now I heard "Hows that mom". Barbera had finished Erics haircut and had turned the chair to face me. Brenda rotated my chair so that I could see the finished job.  
"Wow thats a great buzzcut Eric" I said as Barbera brushed him down and helped him out of the chair and showed him to the waiting bench. Brenda now returned my chair to face the mirror. "Head forward please sweetie" she said as she gently pushed the back of my head until my chin was touching my chest. If I hadn't had the feeling of clippers before I was about to get it now as she placed the phuuurring machine at my nape and gently pushed it up from my nape to the bone at the back of my head. What a sensational feeling I thought to myself. It's no wonder men like going for haircuts, especially when that sensation is delivered from a woman weilding the lethal machine.
Brenda worked her way around each side of my head including in fromt of my ears running it right up to the bone each time. Once she had finished both sides she turned the machine off just as Belinda called out "How's this one mom". Brenda turned my chair once again so the I could see Peter in the far chair. I looked over past Barbera who was sitting in her chair with a smoke in her hand and saw Peters haircut. That's great I called to Belinda who uncaped Peter and showed him to the bench to wait for me with Eric.
Brenda returned my chair to face the mirror. She then restarted the big clipper. "Head down again please sweetie" said Brenda as she once again plunged the clipper up the back of my neck from the nape. "This handpiece cuts a lot shorter than the first one I used" she said. I sat there very still with my head down enjoying the feeling as Brenda shaved the hair up my neck closer than anything I had ever experienced before. In fact I had only ever had my haircut with scissors in the past not clippers. After she had completed around both sides with the cable driven clipper she turned the machine off with the pushbutton switch and removed the close cutting handpiece before hanging the cable on its hook.
I lifted my head back up and looked in the mirror. "Boy that's very short Brenda" I said. "I'm not finished yet darling" she said as she turned the chair away from the mirror. Next thing I heard a click followed by an unfamiliar buzzing sound. "Right honey" said Brenda "I'm going to use this precision vibrating clipper to do the flat top now and then I will give you a taste of how it feels on your neck as I do a final tidy of the back and sides. Please hold your head up and look straight ahead at your two beautiful boys with their new buzz cuts".
Brenda then took a big flat comb and passed it into the top hair from the left hand side and ran the vibrating machine across the top of the comb buzzing off the hair above the comb. She did this several times with the chair facing the back wall of the saloon before turning the chair to face the sidewall. She then did the same procedure running the clipper over the big flat comb but this time pushing the comb in from the back of my head. Finally she followed the same procedure with the chair facing the line of barber chairs. I realised later that the reason for moving the chair around so much was to keep a reasonable length of clipper electric chord available for her to use. 
To finish the haircut Brenda put the big flat comb back on her vanity and commencing on front of my left ear used the buzzing electric clipper to shave up the side of my head. Turning the chair clockwise as she worked to keep me facing away from the mirror Brenda continued to shave the clipper up the back and sides of my head. With the warm feeling of the clipper blades coupled with the sensational vibes from the blades as she continued to clip the back and sides of my head I could not stop myself from going moist even though I had the boys with me. I got the feeling that Brenda knew I was enjoying it also.
Brenda finally turned the vibrating machine off and turned the chair back to face the mirror. "Wow" I cried out loud "that's great". 
"Well you asked for it to be short and that's what you got" replied Brenda. She brushed me down and removed the cape. I got down from the chair and gathered up the boys from the waiting seat and moved out through the swing doors of the saloon proper to the reception area to pay for our three haircuts. The boys moved and waited by the door.
"Well how did you enjoy that." said Brenda "Please be honest as I can tell when I have a woman in my chair whether they are enjoying the clippers or not and I could see that you were." I was honest with her and said that they really turned me on to which she replied "You should buy yourself a pair of the vibrating type clipper from WALMART and use them to clip the pubes from your mound and private parts. They are also a great feeling when held against your sensative spot. I keep a pair at home and give myself regular trims. I also use them to keep my hubby pubic hairfree and he loves it." I thanked her for mine and the boys haircuts, paid and left to return to our car.
I took Brenda's advice and stopped at WALMART on the way home and brought one of the clippers. I couldn't wait to get home to try it on my twat and it has turned out to be my best friend while my hubby is away but will never replace the real thing. I can't wait to surprise my man when he gets home by revealing my new look and to get him on the bed for a pubic trim. 
THE END

No comments:

Post a Comment