Friday 19 May 2017

She's Having a Haircu

It's over Jen - last night was the final straw. I've had it."
 
I'd known I was in big trouble but it was just a personality thing. Since my early teens I'd enjoyed flirting - it was just part of who I was and I really couldn't help myself. However, I knew I'd gone too far last night when Kat had stormed out of the party after seeing me with my arms wrapped around Zak. Of course, there was nothing in it, other than a bit of harmless fun. Kat had been my partner for over two years and I loved her deeply. I regarded her as my soul mate as she was the first person I'd ever met who seemed to truly understand me. More than two years into our relationship and I still looked forward to spending time with her, talking to her, exploring her, being with her - and of course fucking her. I knew I had let her down badly but I couldn't contemplate her leaving.
 
"I'm sorry Kat - truly. I think I had too much to drink but I know that's no excuse. I embarrassed you and I shouldn't have done. Please let me make it up to you - you know how much I love you. I know I flirt too much but I don't mean to - I don't want anyone else, only you."
 
"You should have thought of that then shouldn't you? Have you any idea what it's like for me to see you hanging off someone else when you're supposed to be my partner? This is one time too many - let's face it, you're not going too change so let's just call it a day and go our separate ways. You know Jen, I always thought you were the one, but I just can't take it any more. I've had enough. It's over."
 
I felt my stomach turn over as Kat walked away from me towards the bedroom. I could feel tears welling in my eyes, but deep down I knew she was right. I enjoyed flirting with people - and liked nothing more than to have people look at me. I loved the short skirts I wore, the halter tops and my boots - over 30 pairs in the wardrobe at the last count. I rarely went out without makeup and I was very aware of my own sexuality - I was attractive and I knew it. However, none of that mattered now - the only thing that did was Kat and she was preparing to leave. I followed her into the bedroom. She was packing as I entered.
 
I gazed at her longingly. "Please don't go. I'm genuinely sorry about last night - I truly didn't mean to hurt you. I want to be with you Kat, and I'll change - I promise."
 
"Heard it all before Jen, think we had a similar conversation a couple of months ago - you just can't help yourself - you won't change, you never do."
 
"Please Kat, I can, give me the chance to prove it to you. I want to spend my life with you - surely that should count for something?" I was shaking by now as I waited for her response.
 
She stared at me intently for what seemed an eternity and finally retorted " Okay. Prove it then."
 
"Thank you" I whispered. I moved across the room aiming to give her a hug.
 
" I don't think you understand Jen - I want you to change - today. Clothes, hair, the works - think of it as a makeover, only I get to decide how you look. If you're serious about changing then prove it to me."
 
I shrugged my shoulders. "Okay, anything - what do you want me to do?"
 
" Get yourself ready, wear your favourite clothes - you can change as we shop. Put some make up on - I want to see you at your very best."
 
Forty five minutes later I was ready to go - freshly showered and wearing a low cut white top, short leather mini skirt and knee high boots to match. My naturally curly shoulder length blonde hair was tied back in a neat pony-tail and Kat had helped me apply my make-up. I felt wonderfully feminine but I was still a little worried about what Kat had planned for me. She was refusing point blank to tell me anything.
 
We drove into town and our first stop was a clothing store. But instead of browsing the blouses, skirts and dresses as usual, Kat chose me a white polo shirt and some very narrow jeans. Kat made me change in the shop, and when she was confident we had the sizes correct, she bought me 5 more polo shirts in different colours and 2 more pairs of jeans. I emerged from the shop wearing my new top and jeans, though they felt really uncomfortable as I rarely ever wore jeans. Kat insisted that the polo shirt was buttoned to the top and the collar chafed against my neck. Suddenly I wasn't enjoying this shopping trip anymore, but I knew what the consequences would be if I complained. Next stop was a shoe shop where I exchanged my leather boots for a pair of Doc Martens. Most of the boots I wore were fairly light, and again the heavy feel of the Doc Martens made me feel uncomfortable. Kat instructed me to keep the Docs on with the jeans tucked into them as we left the shop and moved off again up the street.
 
As we passed a bin, she told me to throw my old top, skirt and boots into it. I was starting to panic by now. Kat's behaviour was totally uncharacteristic of her but I was prepared to do anything to keep her - including disposing of my favourite clothes. Next was a drugstore, and here Kat instructed me to go to the bathroom and remove all of my makeup. On exiting the bathroom, she told me that I'd be having my ear pierced - not both, but only the left. I'd never had my ears pierced before and it was quite exciting to have it done - though a bit strange having only one pierced. She requested a stud earring for me and once fitted we left the shop. I felt really strange now - no makeup and clothes I wouldn't have chosen to wear in a million years. I knew this was her way of teaching me a lesson so I was prepared to go along. I was sure tomorrow would be back to normal but I hadn't anticipated her next surprise. Turning left along a street I had never been on before, Kat stopped abruptly and told me that if I mouthed a single word in the next shop, she wouldn't be coming home with me. Having agreed to her instruction, she pointed across the street and said "that's our next stop - Pete's Barber Shop."
 
Without pausing for breath she marched across the road and held open the door of Pete's Barber Shop for me. The day had become completely surreal and now I was actually becoming quite scared. A barber shop was an alien environment to me, having always been pampered in a beauty salon up to now. The inside was surprisingly bright and airy, not what I had imagined at all from the outside. There was no sign of anyone called Pete - the only person inside the shop was a girl in her early twenties, sitting in a barber's chair and reading a magazine. She smiled as we entered " Hi, come on in, are you ladies looking for haircuts today?"
 
She was very pretty, and under normal circumstances I'd have been looking forward to chatting with her and getting to know her, but today was anything but normal and we both waited for Kat to speak.
 
"Hi, I'm Kat and this is my girlfriend Jen - she's having her hair cut today - can you fit her in?"
 
For a moment there was a slight look of confusion on the girls face - I think she had anticipated that it would be Kat getting her hair cut as Kat's hair was already quite short. However she recovered quickly and said ` no problem at all, why don't you take a seat in the chair and I'll get started straight away?"
 
I slowly made my way to the large barbers chair as Kat took up a position between the chair and the waiting area. The girl introduced herself as Gina as she wrapped a piece of tissue around my neck and draped a large black cape over me. I looked down at my new Doc Martens and then at the very strange image of me that was reflected in the mirror. With a smile Gina glanced at the mirror and asked the killer question " so what can I do for you today?"
 
I could only stare as Kat moved towards us and in a very firm voice said " she's having a butch."
 
I had no idea what a butch was, though didn't like the sound of it. I sensed the dynamic in the shop had changed as Gina had quickly grasped that Kat was in charge and I was being punished for something. I detected malice in her voice as she grinned at Kat and said "you got it, I'll soon have her nice and butch for you."
 
She ignored me completely as she picked up her scissors and moved behind me. I could feel my pony-tail being pulled back and I knew I was about to lose it. There was a loud `schnick' and suddenly it dropped on the cape in front of me. In the mirror she was smiling, as if really relishing this situation. I was truly scared now and my fear increased tenfold as I watched Gina pick up a set of clippers and fit a small plastic comb to the end of them. I stared at the mirror in sheer terror as they hummed into life and Gina moved them closer to my head. The buzzing noise got louder and louder as the clippers got closer and closer and I jolted in horror as they touched the front of my head. Gina swept them over the top of my head and it was all I could do to stop from crying out as my hair began to fall around me on to the cape. I begun to cry, but nobody paid any attention and Gina carried on with the haircut, occasionally pulling my head roughly back and forward, and from side to side. The clippers continued to sweep over and over the top then up the sides and finally the back. My shoulder length blonde hair was now mostly lying in my lap, with only short stubble remaining on my head. I couldn't see myself properly through the tears but I knew it was almost over as Gina was brushing me down with a neck duster. With a mocking tone I heard her say "there we go, nice and butch, just like you wanted."


 
I felt a hand rubbing my head and looked up to see Kat roughly stroking my stubbly scalp. In that same firm voice I heard her turn to Gina and say " you know what, I think the butch is just a little too long - can you make it a high and tight? Take it down some more and white wall the back and sides please."
 
Again, this terminology meant nothing to me, other than it meant my hair was going to be even shorter. I couldn't understand why Kat was doing this to me - maybe I had deserved to be taught a lesson, but this felt like utter humiliation. It was Gina's turn to rub my head as she turned to Kat and said "if I white wall the back and sides I'll need to take it quite a bit shorter on top too." Hearing this, I felt sick to the pit of my stomach - how much shorter could it possibly go.
 
"No problem" said Kat, "go for it."
 
I watched as Gina made an adjustment to the clippers and shuddered as she began to run them over my head once again. Short, fine hair began to drift down over the cape and I was suddenly aware of how light my head now felt and a soft breeze in the barber shop. I thought I was done as the humming of the clippers had stopped and I knew that my hair had now been clipped fairly close to my scalp all over. Little did I know I was just about to find out what the term `white walled' meant.
 
Gina picked up another smaller pair of clippers, this time with no plastic comb on the end and moved round to the left side of my head. When she switched on these clippers, the humming was more high pitched and got louder as she started clipping just above my left ear. Slowly and methodically she ran the clippers up to the top of my head, starting at the left side, working around the back and then over to the right side. In the mirror I could see pale white skin being revealed and I began to cry again. The realisation that almost all of my hair was being shaved off was too much for me to take. Ignoring my tears, Gina again pulled my head roughly as she worked to wrap a hot towel around it. She smiled over at Kat, and stated "this sure is some haircut you're giving her - guess she must have really pee'd you off", and again it was as if I wasn't there.
 
I heard a whirring sound and then Gina was behind me again, pulling off the towel and applying some gel to the back and sides of my head. Addressing me for the first time since she'd began, she said "you stay nice and still now and that way we'll avoid any accidents."
 
From the counter she picked up an open razor and again moved to the left side of my head. I was all cried out by now and utterly resigned to what was happening. The touch of the razor on my skin was repulsive, and once again Gina worked slowly and methodically - left side, back, then right side removing any last remaining traces of hair from the back and sides of my head. She shaved me twice just to make sure it had all totally gone. She then used scissors and clippers on the little bit of stubble I had left on top to blend it all together. After brushing me off, she finished the haircut by rubbing some strong menthol smelling lotion into the shaved parts of my head. Turning to Kat she asked "what do you think - is this what you had in mind?"
 
"It's wonderful" stated Kat mockingly "just what she's always wanted." She moved behind me and rubbed my head again, and this time I could feel her drawing her polished fingernails across the shaved areas.
 
"You know, if you ever want your own hair cut make sure you give me a shout. I'll make sure it's a little less butch than this one" said Gina, and with that they both laughed. There was a look that passed between them, and even in my current state I detected a hint of sexual chemistry.
 
Gina removed the cape sweeping all of the hair she'd removed from me onto the floor. I watched it sweep over my new Doc Marten boots and I felt like crying again. She brushed around the top of my polo shirt as I stepped awkwardly from the chair. In a leering voice, Gina once more rubbed the top of my head roughly and mouthed "now that's what I call a proper skinhead - you'll be used to it in no time."
 
I moved closer to the mirror to realise the full horror of what had happened to me and my hands shot instinctively upwards to my head. The back and sides of my head were completely and utterly bald. The smoothness felt repulsive to me, somehow unnatural, and the stubble on top was not much better. I could see my scalp through the stubble and I knew that from any sort of distance it would look as though my head was completely shaved. I could see the white of my scalp on the sides of my head gleaming in the mirror, almost shining and contrasting sharply with the slightly darkened skin tones on the rest of my face. I felt physically sick. And it wasn't just the hair. As I stared at my reflection in the mirror, it finally dawned on me what Kat had done. The image staring back at me was that of a young boy - she had taken my femininity. I had never, ever considered that she would have it in her to be this cruel. I looked at the contrast between how Gina looked, her hair, short summer dress, boots and make-up, and me looking like some type of extreme skinhead.
 
As Gina had been shaving me, more people had entered the shop and I now became aware that the waiting area had filled up. There were two men waiting, and a mother with two small boys. They were all staring at me, trying to work out I suspected whether I was a boy or a girl. They kept staring as I rubbed and rubbed at my shaven scalp trying to work out in my mind how all of this had happened. Suddenly one of the men in the waiting area shouted over in a loud voice " you got a thing for the Marines son?" and everyone in the shop, including Kat burst out laughing.
 
I could feel my face and neck reddening with the utter humiliation I felt and my eyes stung as I tried to hold back tears. Turning to Kat, I whispered in fury "I'll never forgive you for this - never" and with the laughter still ringing in my ears, I ran from the shop.
 
As I passed shop windows, I could see my reflection staring back at me, one that was still completely alien to me. I hadn't gone too far when Kat caught me up. I felt sure the first thing she would do was apologise but I was wrong again. I moved away as she tried to run her hand over my head again. She grabbed hold of me and said " I told you I wanted you to change and this is just the start. You've got a choice to make Jen - this is how I want you to look from now on and if you can't accept that then we go our separate ways here and now. But if you do and if you behave, I may even let you wear some of your old clothes occasionally. It's your choice."
 
I wanted to scream, shout, run, but all of my energy had completely been sapped away by the events of the day. Too tired to carry on the conversation and overcome with emotion, the only reply I could muster was "let's go home."
 
She wrapped her arms around me and said " I was hoping you'd say that. That haircut has made me so damn horny you wouldn't believe. I'm going to fuck you all afternoon."
 
And that's exactly what she did.

Six months had passed since that fateful day in Pete's Barber Shop, but my hair had not changed. I'd stupidly thought that once Kat had completed her punishment things between us would get back to normal. Again I was wrong. On the day that Kat had had my hair shaved to an extreme high and tight, she had also purchased a set of clippers from the drugstore. It had now become a Friday night ritual to cut my hair, cropping the top with a number one guard and shaving completely the back and the sides. I still hated it but had grown more used to it and now accepted that this was my look. Kat relished our Friday's and shaving my hair turned her on big time. After shaving we'd fuck passionately and then have a shower together before getting dressed and going out to a club or to dinner. My clothes hadn't changed either - it was always regulation polo shirts, narrow jeans and Doc Marten boots - I now had four different pairs of these. All of this was at Kat's instruction - the clothes I had worn prior to THAT day she had mostly given away to charity shops. I got strange looks wherever I went but Kat was insistent that it didn't matter and all that did was that she loved me as I was.
Despite our passionate sex, our relationship had changed. I was no longer as deeply in love with Kat as I had been - her cruelty had changed things between us forever. I still had feelings for her but I was growing more and more unhappy as time passed. Since the day of the change, my confidence had diminished and the vivacious, bubbly personality that I'd once had was almost totally gone. Since that initial extreme haircut, I'd become the butt of jokes at work, and earned the nickname `G.I. Jen'. The first week afterwards had been horrible - people had laughed openly at my new look, others had sniggered behind my back and on more than one occasion I'd been referred to as `the butch lesbian'. Most people now thought I had some sort of weird fetish, and most just treated me with complete disdain. I'd lost all my energy and enthusiasm and my work was suffering as a result. I'd often find myself crying in the toilet cubicles and I could no longer bear to look at myself in the mirror.
Kat on the other hand was positively flourishing. Our roles had changed and now she was the flirtatious one. She'd often taunt me at parties with the remark "funny how nobody flirts with you now - lucky you've still got me."
Kat had grown in confidence and in terms of our relationship was now much more dominant. She made the choices, took the decisions and was very firmly in charge. At work she was doing well also and had recently been promoted. On the night of her promotion she'd allowed me to wear some of my old clothes to go out and celebrate with her. However, it was back to normal the following day and on with the polo shirt again. At times I felt I was shrinking into myself but I couldn't see any way out.
One Friday night, Kat came home very excited and announced that in four weeks time she'd be travelling to Europe to make a series of presentations for her company. She'd been chosen for this above three other people and that this would be a major step forward for her career. She would be away for three and a half weeks. I was very happy for her but I was even happier at the prospect of three and half weeks on my own. I could hardly wait for her trip to arrive. We fucked passionately that night, but for the first time in six months I'd made it through a Friday evening without having my hair cut. In fact Kat was so obsessed with getting her presentations right, she spent every waking moment on them and I managed to make it through the entire four weeks with no hair cut. The weeks passed quickly and suddenly it was the day of her trip.
I drove her to the airport on a Monday morning and as we said our goodbye's I felt as excited as a giddy teenager. With a spring in my step I jumped in the car and drove in to town. Unknown to Kat, I'd arranged to take the rest of the week off work and my first thoughts were on a bit of light shopping. It was a fantastic morning - I bought a cropped top, a short burgundy skirt and an expensive pair of boots, changing into each of them as I bought them. I couldn't help but notice as I changed my clothes that my hair was longer than it had been for some time - though still brutally short. I knew I'd have to ditch these new clothes before Kat returned but it was just so good to feel feminine again, even if for only a short time. I stopped off for a coffee at an Italian deli, sitting at a table outside and watching the world go by. Life was good again.
I spent a few more hours shopping, trying out new lipsticks and browsing around clothes stores. Lost in my thoughts, I took a left turn and there facing me across the street was the scene of my haircut humiliation - Pete's Barber Shop. My first urge was to turn and run, but curiosity got the better of me. Very slowly I found myself moving towards it, curious to see if it had changed any, and whether `she' was still there. As I drew nearer, the memories of that hurtful day rushed back and it was surreal to glance in the window and see her sitting in exactly the same position as she had been that day - leaning back in the big barber's chair, and reading a magazine. Without even realising, I found that I'd opened the door and had ventured into the shop. I had to know if she remembered me - if she'd had any idea what she had done. She said "Hi - come on in - I'm Gina. Are you having your haircut today." With that she rose from the chair and began walking towards me.
She hadn't recognised me -yet, but as she got closer I could almost see her mind turning over in trying to place me. My hair was a bit of a giveaway and finally I could see the recognition in her eyes as the memories came rushing back. " Why you're the little skinhead - almost didn't recognise you without your butch clothes on. You here to clean up that Jarhead?"
I could feel my face and neck reddening and the stinging sensation at the back of my eyes. I had nothing to say to this woman - in fact I had no idea what I was doing here. As a single tear rolled down my face, I managed to mouth "you bitch" before turning my back and heading for the door. I wanted to get away from here as fast as possible.
I'd half-opened the door when she suddenly shouted "wait - please. I'm sorry." I turned back around and watched as she moved towards me. As she got closer she reached out her hand to me and said " I'm sorry - for what I said just now and what happened before when I cut your hair. I felt so bad about that afterwards. Any chance we can start again - you look like you could use a friend?"
I hesitated, then closed over the door and reached out and shook her hand " I'm Jenny, you probably don't remember my name - I certainly remember yours Gina."
She smiled at me and said "good to meet the real you Jenny - I really am sorry for that day. I don't know what got into me - well actually I do. Why don't I close up for an hour and we can talk - d'you fancy a coffee?"
I nodded and Gina pulled down the blinds and locked the door. She went in the back and returned with two frothy cups of coffee. "You mind if I smoke" she asked " I don't normally smoke in the shop but I could really use a cigarette?"
I nodded again and she lit up. I was reminded again just how attractive she was as I studied her up and down. She broke the silence by saying " so tell me, what made your girlfriend do that to you?"
Over the course of the next two hours I unburdened my soul to Gina. For over six months I'd been holding my emotions in check and now they burst forward like water through a hole in a dam. I talked and talked, occasionally stopping to cry or collect my thoughts, and Gina listened attentively, stopping at times to put her arms around me and hug me to her chest. She rubbed my back and my head, and this time her touch was ever so gentle. So much so, that I was becoming aroused. She couldn't believe that Kat had been so cruel, having assumed on the day, that Kat had caught me sleeping around and cheating with someone else. "I've been cheated on before" smiled Gina " so I thought I knew exactly what she was going through and that's why I was so cruel to you - I'm just so ashamed of how I treated you. What kind of person is she - you flirted with someone and she turned you into a guy - I just can't believe it. I'm really sorry honey."


She wrapped her arms around me again as I began to cry once more. Through my tears I looked her in the eye and said the words that I'd been thinking for a number of months " I don't know what to do - I still have feelings for her, but I don't think I can live with her anymore."
"Then don't - there's nobody forcing you Jenny. In fact if you'd let her go that day, then none of this would have happened. Relationships fall apart all the time - you need to be yourself, wear your own clothes, grow your hair, become an independent person again. You've got beautiful features - you know you're attractive, and all you have to do is make the break." With a grin she said " I'll even help you burn those butch clothes if you want - it's probably the least I can do." With that we both burst out laughing. " On a serious note", she continued, "Kat is trying to control you and you shouldn't let that happen. If she loved you and respected you then she'd let you live your life the way you wanted - I think you really need to break it off. Not unless you want to spend the rest of your life looking like an extra from Full Metal Jacket."
Her sense of humour was infectious and it was so great to be laughing uproariously again.  Before I realised what I was doing I had pulled her towards me and was kissing her passionately on the lips. We broke apart and she kissed me on the forehead. "We can do that later, but for now we need to make sure we've got you sorted out. How do you feel about ending it with her."
" I suppose I've been thinking about it for a while, but I just didn't have the courage to take that final step. I really was beginning to feel depressed so deep down I suppose I knew it was over. I still don't know how I'll tell her - I don't think she'll take it too well."
"Then don't tell her - go home, pack your things, have a butch burning ceremony and leave - let her come home to an empty apartment and she'll soon get the message. You can talk to her later after you've made the break. In the meantime, I've got a spare bedroom if you want to stay with me for a while or I'll help you find your own place. I still feel bad about my part in this so I'd like to help you out if I can. I'd even offer to fix up your hair, but there's not much of it to fix up."
I rubbed my hand over my bristly scalp - "you mean I can't have a perm then" and we both laughed again.
She was staring at me intently " you know, there is something you can do" she said  - "a symbolic gesture if you like, that is if you are making a clean break of it. I've known women to have done this before."
"Done what before?"
"Shaved it - totally. Just taken it all off as a way of liberating themselves from the past. Wouldn't look a great deal different from what you have now, but it would be a way of making a fresh start, and you could start growing it out to whatever style you want afterwards."
I wandered over to the mirror and looked at my reflection. Even with four weeks of growth, my scalp was still visible through the stubble on my head. For six months the back and sides of my head had been shaved totally clean each week, so the only difference really would be in taking down the 3mm of stubble on top to bare scalp. The word `liberation' was echoing round in my head. I wanted to be free again, and having made my decision I turned to Gina and said "do it - shave it all off."
"Only if you're sure honey - you don't have to if you don't want to. It was just a suggestion."
"No, I want to. Besides, a shaved head has got to look better than this Jarhead look! Do it Gina - liberate me."
"It'll be my pleasure Jenny - hop up into the chair and make yourself comfortable. You know, lots of women look good with a bald head. If you've got the right facial features - and you have - and with the right clothes and makeup you can look stunning."
"I'll take your word for it" I whispered as I climbed into the chair.
Gina wrapped the black cape around me, and I watched as she removed a guard from the end of the clippers. "Never thought I'd see you sitting in my chair again" she said as she brought the clippers up to my forehead. "I'll make this as quick as I can."
The clippers made short work of my stubble, and just as in my previous visit, my hair began hitting the cape. The clippers worked fast and soon there was only the very finest of hair remaining on my head. Gina wrapped my head in a warm towel, massaging my shoulders as she waited for it to soften the bristles on my head. I closed my eyes with pleasure as her hands worked over me, moving slowly downwards towards my breasts. She stopped suddenly and removed the towel from my head. Getting some lather from the machine on the counter, she rubbed it slowly and gently over my scalp. Everything about this haircut felt much more sensual and I could feel my nipples hardening against the cotton fabric of my top. Gina had started with the razor and was making slow, steady strokes across my scalp. I couldn't believe that I was having my head shaved and enjoying it. I closed my eyes again, sinking into the chair as Gina continued her work, removing the last of my hair. Having shaved me once, she lathered my head again and took the razor to it a second time. I felt wonderful, sitting in the chair with my eyes closed, and Gina caressing the razor over my head.
Soon it was over, and having wiped me down with a towel, she massaged my scalp with the menthol smelling lotion. For a moment it stung, but this was soon replaced with a cooling sensation. Gina continued to rub and rub at my head, and I didn't want her to stop. Finally she did, and with a flourish swept away the cape. I looked at my image in the mirror, and a girl with a shiny bald head stared back at me. Though not a great deal different from my previous haircut in this chair, the removal of the stubble on top, had taken away a lot of the harshness, and there was a certain femininity about me. I rubbed my hands over it, and this time it felt sensational. I knew I wouldn't stay bald, but right now, I felt good about myself - more than that, it was just as Gina had described - I felt liberated.
Gina had moved behind me and I felt her hands on my shoulders again. With my newly shaved head I turned to face her and mouthed only two words - "kiss me." She gave me that smile, kissed me passionately on the lips, then slowly whispered in my ear "why don't you take off your clothes....?!"
To cut a long story short, I stayed with Gina that night, and we spent hours exploring each other's bodies, and drifting in and out of sleep. She had to work next day, but she closed early again and we went shopping together. We became close friends but didn't get together as a couple for many more months - I just didn't feel ready to rush into another relationship. I found my own place and moved out before Kat returned. I think she had half expected it and surprisingly we did remain friends. My hair has mostly grown back and is at collar length now. I'll never shave it again - but I do often sit in Gina's barber chair, laughing and joking with my new soul mate I haven't worn a polo shirt since my return to Pete's Barber Shop.
And I never did get an answer to a question that had bugged me since that very first day - Gina just tapped her nose and gave a short laugh each time I asked - "in the name of your shop, who the fuck is Pete"?!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment